January 28, 2009

Snow Day


Yeah right...in the 5 years my kids have been in school here, there has not been one snow day. Even when it was so bad the whole school parking lot was half a foot thick with ice and tons of people got stuck just trying to pick their kids up.

The kids love it though. It's fun to watch them enjoy the snow on practically a daily basis through the winter. I never had that as a kid. They go to school everyday in their snow boots, hats and gloves. Sometimes they even wear their snow pants all day. They love playing in it at recess, and then want to go out again when they get home. You know how the heat in summer never seems to bother kids as much as us adults? It's the same with the cold!

I have to admit that the beauty of it still impresses me every time there's a big storm. Maybe it's because I didn't grow up with it, although I have lived in it for 12 years now. These pictures may seem boring or plain to some...but after weeks of yucky, smoggy inversion that gave us red air quality days (that means bad of course), then days of overcast rain, this snowstorm was welcome! It scooped out all the yucky air and left it crisp and clean. Then the sun came out for a whole 4 hours before disappearing again. Look how blue the sky was! I went out to run some errands and just had to take some pictures! (They were taken from my car.)

1 comment:

stace said...

I remember at BYU how much I LOVED to wake up to a beautiful snow covered world...

and then some idiot couldn't resist walking through a perfect snow covered grass and ruining it all. Still irritates me.