Today was a ROUGH day. I have had a migraine all day and I am really burned out. This persistent sinus infection is still being....persistent. I even had an ocular migraine and some vertigo. AND of course the kids don't seem to notice even when I try to tell them bluntly that it's NOT a good day to test me. So about bedtime I lost it. At 9pm Maddie was still doing her homework (started at 4pm). Wow, it must have been a big assignment you say? 20 easy math problems. That's it. The house is a WRECK, Ryan has to work late and Will is crying in my arms as I try to make him a bottle. I bump the half made bottle which goes flying onto the floor spraying formula EVERYWHERE. And so I yell, "DAMMIT!" and have to go put Will down screaming because he saw the bottle being made and now is laying there by himself without it! I clean up the mess, make a new bottle, sit in the rocking chair and start to feed him. Gracie sits down next to me, hugs me and tells me in a shaky little voice, "Mom, my love for you can neva be bwoken. I'm just a Mommy's girl. I know this is a harwd night and I want it to be a nice night for you."
How sweet is that?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
That is so sweet. I'll have to call Gracey for some reassuring words, next time I'm having a hard day.
I hope you have a MUCH better day tomorrow!
she is a special little girl.
Ahhhh. So sweet.
She is so sweet and intuitive.
Post a Comment