Nervous/Sad Maddie.............Happy Maddie!Maddie had a rough morning...
First, she stayed up WAY too late last night. She got a late start on her homework because she went to a neighbors house to practice the song she has to sing at try-outs for the fourth grade program. (Remember, the one that she wanted to be the only soloist for?)
Then, I was on her case all morning trying to get her ready to get out the door on time (I didn't want her to miss her ride...they have a 4 wheel drive SUV and there was snow on the ground. It would have been a nightmare to get myself and Will all bundled up and drive my car to the school.)
To top it all off, today is program try out day. She was kinda worried about it and a little nervous because she wants the part so bad! Of course she had a horror story about a girl a few years ago that all the teachers thought was the best and even said so, but then an "awful" girl got the part. We had a talk about it and decided that even if she didn't make it, she's still in the program and that it would a good experience either way.
I think she was feeling more her chipper self when she left the house. To be honest...I am dying to hear how it went! she hasn't called me which means she is probably fine. She usually only calls me from school if there is a problem and she is sad.
(Like last week when Ryan took her out to breakfast before school and she got red jam all over her light pink pants. She didn't notice or care until a few boys started teasing her about it. I guess it went on most of the day and the poor thing called me in tears asking for clean clothes so they would stop snickering at her. I told her they were only doing it because #1: she's cute, & #2: they're jealous that your dad took you out to breakfast.)
Anyway...I'm sure there will be an update soon on how the try outs went!


3 comments:
I'm dying to hear.....
I love that during all the drama you stopped to take a picture of her. That's something I would do:).
I hope she made it. I would say I'll keep my fingers crossed, but I suppose it's all over by now?
Let us know!
dang...I feel nervous for her. I am so glad I'm not a kid anymore. Life is easy is so many ways, but hard in so many others!
Post a Comment