January 18, 2009

Gluten Free Mac and Cheese

The Pasta is the Trader Joes brand brown rice pasta *the best rice pasta I've found* and the price is really good compared to most gluten free pastas. I just cooked the pasta...drained and rinsed...poured back into the pan with the stove on low. Then I added a little butter, some milk, a few handfuls of shredded cheese, salt & pepper. (I didn't measure anything, just eyeballed it). Gently stir until cheese and butter are melted, scoop into serving bowls, top with more pepper, paprika and shredded cheese. YUM! At least to me and Gracie. We loved it!

Side note, my sweet Ryan went to Trader Joes in Vegas when we were there, just to stock up on pasta for me. (Since we don't have a Trader Joes here!) In typical Ryan fashion, he came home with 60 bags of pasta! He said he cleared the shelves of all their rice pasta in all varieties. A few people came down the aisle as he was doing it and were a little peeved. One lady asked him, "what, are you expecting Armageddon or something?" and Ryan responded, "Mayyyybeeee?" I cracked up when he told me that. So, sorry to all the Las Vegas gluten free people who were denied Trader Joes rice pasta until they got a new shipment in. Well, not really.

2 comments:

LuLuBelle said...

I was going to stop there the other day to buy a few extra bags. Maybe I'd better call first.

So funny, we kind of bet he'd get a lot. I was thinking maybe a dozen or, if he was really wild, 2 dozen. I'm not terribly surprised though. He did buy about 30 avacados when you were here and made the biggest bowl of gaucamole I have ever seen....

The photo of Ryan and Will is really sweet.

Alyssa Walker said...

Thanks! I'll have to try it.