October 29, 2007

Yes, I'm Still Here

So I know it's been over a month since I have posted anything. I just today caught up on reading all the blogs I stalk. I guess I have been hiding a little...the last month went something like this: found out I was pregnant...got so excited, always knew I wanted one more child, but never thought it would happen. Told everyone, was pregnant 2 weeks and then started a miscarriage at 8 weeks. Sad, but I was okay, dealt with it, now we know it can happen, we will just try again. Now, it is almost 5 weeks later and my miscarriage is "incomplete" which means all this time my body can't decide whats going on. This means I am feeling like a crazy person (and sometimes acting like one). Moody, irritable, emotional, ravenously hungry, nauseated...etc, etc. So today I found out I get to have a D&C on Thursday. What fun. And there goes 2800$ that was supposed to go towards having a baby, down the tube. I am very thankful to have an awesome doctor who gave me a large price break on his fee (the 2800 is just the hospitals fee) and he was very sweet and comforting about the whole thing. Tomorrow I am calling the hospital to try and negotiate on their fee. It doesn't hurt to ask, right? So... I haven't felt much like blogging. But on the bright side, I see the light at the end of the tunnel, after this weekend I hope to feel a lot more like me. I don't write all this for sympathy or pity, it just feels better to get it out and vent.

PS: My kids know nothing about this, we hadn't told them about the pregnancy yet when the miscarriage started so we just kept the whole thing quiet, so for those of you who talk to them, don't say anything. Thanks!

4 comments:

ERIN said...

still keeping you in our prayers. I love you Jess, I'm sorry you are having to go through all this. I will be thinking of you this weekend. I hope you feel like your old wonderful self again soon.
Love,
erin

Britten said...

This is really stinky. You go through this way too much, my friend. You're in my prayers, sweetie :)

Love you!

breena rae said...

man, women have to go through some really hard stuff sometimes. No fair.
Take care, Jessica. We love you.

Rachel said...

Hope you are doing okay!!! I'll give you a call.
loves
Rach