September 13, 2006

1st Day Of Preschool!

This day was so bittersweet for me...my baby is going to school wearing a backpack! She was so excited to get to go to school just like her big sister. I know it's good for her but part of me wants to keep her home with me! It's only 2 days a week for 2 hours, mostly just a chance to socialize and get used to the whole going to school thing. It's just that it means she will go to kindergarten next year! Gracie is such a momma's girl...she constantly asks me if she can still live with me when she gets married. I told her she won't want to, she will want to live with her husband and so she asked if they could at least live next door. That's a step closer to independence for her...she used to tell me she was never getting married because she wanted to always live in the same house with me.























Gracie brought a picture that she colored for her teacher on the first day. She loves to color. She has taken 2 pictures to the dentist (we went for my appointments) and they still (3 weeks later) have them up on the wall. She was so pleased that they hung them up and left them there.
Can you believe those eyes!?
Gracie LOVES her cowgirl boots that Grandma Lori found at DI for her. Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Sarita said...

She looks so grown up suddenly. And her stylin clothes are darling.

christina said...

precious.little.girl

Unknown said...

aaaw....your baby off to school and my baby off to school...it IS bittersweet. Sean always tells me the same thing...that he doesn't want to get married because he always wants to live with me. His new promise is that he's not going on a mission because he doesn't want to be away from me for TWO YEARS...

LuLuBelle said...

She is so dang cute! I think never wanting to leave you might be a sign of a good mom.

Britten said...

Hmmm...my kids haven't said anything like that to me yet. :|

Gracie does have the cutest eyes!

It's going to be so sad when my last one finally enters school. It will be awhile for me... I can't believe that you are done having kids, Jess. For some reason, I always pictured us having around the same number of kids, not sure why. I know I'm still not done...got at least one more comin' in the next 2-3 years. It just seems weird that you're done and I'm not. Hmmm....

Jessica said...

More out of circumstances and health than choice for me...I am starting to kinda accept it and who knows what the future holds! That's one thing I have learned...don't make too strict of plans for your life cause nothing seems to go the way you think it will. (for most people anyway...for those others, I comfort myself with the thought that they must have some other trial I can't see.)