
This is a shot of the girl’s bedroom...in progress. Their new bunkbed is a twin over a full, from pottery barn but I bought it at the once a month Downeast Home wherehouse sale for 75 $$! It was missing the side rails, which you can see in the picture. Ryan bought some lumber for about 50$ and fixed it. I am going to paint the whole thing white and it will look like new. The drapes are also pottery barn, I paid 3$ a panel...nothing wrong with them. I love a good bargain!! I got new bedding and painted this week. I don't think you can really tell from the picture, but the stripes in the quilt are all different textures. Some are smooth, some are suede-like and some are corduroy. Now of course I am obsessing over the color and to do the pink border...or not. Any input and opinion would be very welcome. If I do the pink, I want to use the same shade as in this picture but a tad darker. Or maybe a plian sripe border instead of scallops??
6 comments:
i like the border actually...only i would do it in the darker pink. it's cute! where did you find it? is it wood? very cute.
nice about your bargains. i could use the adrenaline rush of a good bargain lately. i'm so in a deep stupor of thought about my life. i'm stuck in a rut. i need a bargain...a treasure hunt...a real find!
how are you jessica?
are you all moved in?
Not hardly...moved in that is. I just had to do something fun and artistic instead of cleaning and unpacking. for once! We are good...come to SLC...there are tons of good treasure hunts here!
No doubt about the treasure hunts in SLC. Yes, Kim and I have been needing a good "Jones Treasure Hunt" as we like to call it. :)
Re: Room color...yes, I would go with the same pink that's in the girl's bedspreads. I like the scallop - it's cute and adds texture, but I'm thinking that it would go better in a nice, soft baby's room. This room seems like it's going to have a little more flash and spunk. Could you make the scallops pointy like this: ^^^^^^^^^^^ ? If not, then can you get some like that? If not, then just paint them and the color will be "Naartjie" enough. *wink*
Oh, and I see there are 2 different pinks in the quilt. I'm sorta leaning towards the one that is darker, sorta magenta. That way it might make your green on your walls look like it has more yellow in it to match the green in the quilt. Pictures can be disceiving though....I may be reading the colors wrong. Whatever you do, don't do the pink border the same intensity as the green - it needs to POP!
But hey, that's just me...
I agree. About everything.
So true britten!! I got a brighter pink, I think it is called sweet taffy and I like the idea of the ^^^^ idea, upsidedown of course. I think I will try that. It is not a premade border, I just handpainted it myself with the only pink I had at the moment to sorta get an idea of how it might look. I was a little dissapointed in the green...I expected it to be a little brighter like the green in the quilt...but I guess if I use the bright pink that will even things out. I don't want it all to be too overpowering.
Post a Comment