June 05, 2006

What Happens In Vegas...Stays In Vegas

Well, my exciting Vegas weekend consisted of getting to town late Friday night, sleeping in the next morning, then heading to Christina's condo to clean for her. Maddie, Gracie, Sarah, Mom and I helped deep clean her house as a birthday surprise present for Matthew. Nina has had a hard time cleaning since she is pregnant, sick and tires so easily. It is actually a lot more fun to clean someone else’s house! Maddie and Gracie even got into it. Maddie wiped down the kitchen cupboards and they both used a half a bottle of Windex to clean the outside of the trash can. Gracie practiced jumping off the couch and yelling "surprise!" for a half hour before Matthew came home. I wasn't sure he would even notice what we had done...he is a guy after all...but when he walked in he noticed immediately! He exclaimed “This is the perfect present for an OCD clean person!" I forgot about that.... We were glad that he liked it. And we love to help out our cute little pregnant sis.

_______________________________________________________

That night we had a truly amazing and wild Las Vegas night....watching TV. I don't have TLC at home! I have to get it as much as can while I'm here! Plus...I don't have to worry about cleaning my house for 4 hours a day and stressing about how the viewings are going. Watching TV and being lazy is such a treat. Sunday was another lazy day...family dinner and an evening of rice pudding and ice cream. Yummmm.

_______________________________________________________

So I'll be here at least a week longer (if I don't melt into a puddle of goo from the heat first). The girls love playing with the neighbors and cousins (technically first cousins once removed).
Gracie had a ball getting Roxy to do tricks tonight. After giving Roxy treats, she turned to me and the conversation went something like this:
Gracie: Now do it to me!
Me: You are doing it! (I thought she meant to let her command Roxy)
Gracie: NO...I want to do tricks!
Me: Okay, (I put my hand out) Shake, Gracie!
Gracie: NO… I want a treat to do it!
Me: (Laughing...)
Gracie: Please, mommy??

So how could I say no? I got a bunch of crasins from the pantry and Gracie did all the same tricks Roxy does. Roll over, shake, sit, dance, and play dead. Roxy looked a little confused.

_______________________________________________________

Another anecdote....
Stephanie's youngest little girl cracks me up! She is quite the 2 1/2 year old firecracker! Today at their house, she proudly showed me her string cheese and said, "My mommy took the wrapper off for me!" I said, "Wow, you have such a nice mommy!" She replies thoughtfully..."yah...umm, but sometimes she's mean."

1 comment:

Britten said...

And....that would be me. Sometimes the Mommy Demon comes out...I can truly scare myself!