February 26, 2009

Maddie's First Stitches

Maddie was swinging on the tether ball (which is against the rules) and the chain broke. She fell backwards and smacked her head on the asphalt. She went to the office and called me. When I got there, she was crying, holding a tissue and icepack on head. The tissue and her hair were full of blood. I took her to the ER, luckily they said there was no sign of a concussion or any other serious head injury. She got two stitches and that was it! We went back to the school because we left all her stuff there. She was quite the celebrity and loved every minute of it.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

that is disgusting. sorry, Maddie!!

Sarita said...

seriously gross. little daredevil.

Tara said...

ew ew ew ew ew ew, I hate blood & stitches.

Tara said...

I'm glad maddie got her day in the spotlight :). maybe next time she can find a different route.