Maddie informed me yesterday after school that she was really disappointed that the 4th grade program solo had changed. She wanted to try out, but they changed it from a one person solo to a five person group part.
"I really wanted to try out and get it if it was just me...a real solo, but I don't want to do it with 4 other people!"
OHhhh my...what am I in for when she reaches her teens?!?
Which according to her is in 6 months...because she will be ten, "and that's double digits". I told her nice try...she is not a teen until the word "teen" is in her age. So she can call herself a teenager when she is thirteen, not before.
"I really wanted to try out and get it if it was just me...a real solo, but I don't want to do it with 4 other people!"
OHhhh my...what am I in for when she reaches her teens?!?
Which according to her is in 6 months...because she will be ten, "and that's double digits". I told her nice try...she is not a teen until the word "teen" is in her age. So she can call herself a teenager when she is thirteen, not before.

I thought this was an appropriate picture...Maddie after the performance of the Nutcracker with her two bouquets!


1 comment:
She looks so pretty. I remember someone else that didn't want to try out unless it was for the lead part.....I'm not saying she was or is a drama queen. I'm just remembering that.
Aside from all that, she could totally make it for the solo part.
Post a Comment