April 30, 2008

Recital Costumes


EARTH AND BEYOND

is the title of the recital for the dance school that both girls attend. The recital is in a month or so, but they got their costumes this week. Of course we had to do a little photo shoot and try them out!

Here is Maddie in her modern dance costume. She is in a dance called Moon Rocks...where they are...moon rocks. They start out completely inside a big bag, and when they come out, they are wearing this. She was afraid she wouldn't like it...she said, "It's greenish blackish and we're just rocks!" But once she saw the whole thing and got it on she realized how cool it was. Plus her "moon rock" bag is pure white and made out of a silky fabric "like her blankie".

Here is Gracie's outfit. Her dance is called "Green Things". She says that they are apples on a tree and they fall off and roll around and then get up and dance. I think this outfit is so cute...very 6 year - old ballet recital looking. All the girls hair will be in tight ballerina buns with matching flowers and they will all be dancing barefoot. How cute is that!

3 comments:

lindsey said...

Awww...when is this recital? I'd love to come watch them!

LuLuBelle said...

Me too. I hope there will be video since that's unlikely though.

Jessica said...

Not sure when it is, (June I think) but anyone who wants to go I can get tickets for when they go on sale. they sell out really fast. It'll cost you 5 bucks for one too. Let me know and I will get them!