The other night Gracie was getting ready for bed and put on the bottoms to one pair of PJ's and the top to another pair. Then she comes to me with a very serious face and asks:
"Mom, is it okay if I wear this top with these bottoms? "
Me: "Sure, I don't care..."
Gracie: "Even though the matching bottoms to this top are in my drawer?"
Me: "Yeah, that's fine."
Gracie: " And the matching top to these bottoms are also clean in my drawer?"
Me: "That's fine with me sweetie, you can wear whatever PJ's you want."
Gracie (relieved): "Good! Cause I didn't want to fight with myself about which one of my favorite jammies to wear!"
Me (trying VERY hard not to laugh): "That's a good solution sweetie, I wouldn't want you to fight with yourself!"
So Saturday was Gracie's first soccer game and she LOVED it. She played straight through the first three quarters and then finally sat out for a few minuets during the 4th quarter. Her face was beet red and she was soaked with sweat. After a few minutes of rest, she wanted back in the game and stood up along the sidelines screaming "Coach! I wanna play some more!" She couldn't stand staying back by the goal when that was her job. She kept sneaking forward till she got to the group of kids with the ball and got in the middle of the frenzy until she got a chance to kick the ball. Who knew she would end up being so competitive! After the game, she asked me if she had to quit soccer when Maddie did (1st grade...it definitely wasn't her thing. She is MUCH better suited to Modern Dance). I told Gracie that she could play as long as she wanted. She said she wanted to keep playing until she was grown up because, "I want to get gooder and gooder and gooder, like the big teenager kids." Their uniforms are light blue and black. They all gave suggestions for different team names and then voted on them. They chose Gracie's idea, which was The Dolphins! Next game I won't forget my camera and I should have some pictures to post.


3 comments:
smart girl. Funny to hear it so logically...I seem to fight with myself alot. What a cutie.
Is this my sweet little Gracie being so competitive? Who knew??
She must be proud she named her team!
Nice creative name for her team. Tell Gracie she needs to hand some of her aggressive playing tactics to Trooper. He just runs around and "acts" like he's playing but he never wants to actually get the ball.
"Maddie's much better suited for Modern Dance"....I about spit my Pepsi out on the screen! I can so see that!
Post a Comment