July 14, 2007

I Love Estate Sales

So I have this really good friend. Her mom passed away a few months ago and they are preparing to have a HUGE estate sale next week. Her mom had a large house packed wall to wall with things she had collected. My friend Lisa invited me and some other friends over to look around tonight. We ended up staying there till 11:30 pm. There were so many cool things there, and what made it even more fun was that Lisa and her sisters could tell us background and stories about everything. It was great to see them reminisce over little things they came across and shared with each other. There were toys from their childhood, Christmas decorations they remembered, etc. etc. There was so many neat things there and I knew I wanted to buy something, if for no other reason than to just have it because it would remind me of my friend Lisa. I found this bracelet:
It is very tarnished, but also very delicate. It is from Thailand. I have no idea what the marks etched on the black mean, but they are pretty. There were also a lot of different pieces made in Italy that I loved. I decided on this one:


It is a charm or pendant for a necklace. It is hard to see in the picture, but it is a tiny mosaic. The whole thing is tiny pieces of I don't know what put together like a puzzle to make a picture. It is so cool! I can't wait to wear them. I hope that when I wear them and see Lisa, that it will make her happy to know I love them. I think I may have to go back to the sale again when it officially starts!

PS: Mom and Nina - it will be going on when you are here!!!

1 comment:

Sarita said...

Goodness, I cant believe that I am not hearing about this until now. What kind of sister are you?