May 31, 2007

Memorial Day Fun

Ryan had to work all through Memorial Day weekend so the girls and I hung out. We went to the park and ate lunch then the girls played on the playground and made some new friends. We took lots of pictures and then collected as many different kinds of leaves as we could find. We also found several pinecones so we took those home too. When we got home we put out craft paints and paper and made leaf prints. They turned out really cool! I think I had more fun doing it than they did. When Maddie started mixing colors with her fingers and putting her whole hand in the paint, I knew it was time to quit. After we cleaned up that mess we made bird feeders out of the pinecones. We spread peanut butter all over them, covered them in birdseed, tied a string to the top and hung them in our trees. It took a few days, but the birds have discovered them and we get to watch them peck at our pinecones through the window. Again, I don't know who had more fun, me or them!





No comments: