February 15, 2007

Happy Day After Valentines Day

So our Valentines Day was fun...busy and full of sugar, but fun. We had a family dinner after a long day of Valentines class parties at school and cooking, plus I had cub scouts at my house that evening. I made a heart cake, Jell-O poke cake, yum, with vanilla pudding and cool whip for frosting. Ryan gave me chocolate dipped strawberries and a trip to DI with 20$ to spend. The girls each got a littlest pet shop and 2$ to spend at DI. Sounds weird to some of you maybe…but this just shows how well he knows me, because that was the best present ever! I gave Ryan two more little Star Trek action figures (from the original series) that I found at an antique store. He promptly played with them at the dinner table. It was a fun DI trip except for the one very embarrassing moment thanks to Gracie, which I can’t really write here. When we got home we got out the cake, which Gracie was scared to eat. Apparently the cool whip topping looked like Ranch dressing to her and that didn’t seem so appetizing. She finally got over that after I convinced her it wasn’t ranch and ate a big piece, and then another for breakfast this morning. “Dad is great…he gives us cake…” (Ryan fed them breakfast). I posted a picture of the heart cake with cool whip that looks like ranch topping. I know it's not the prettiest cake, but it was yumilicious!

3 comments:

stace said...

I just left a long comment and got the reply, "couldn't be processed" so here it goes again...you are a good DI shopper. I only find junk, you find treasures. and your hubby needs a son to appreciate action figures with him. That is long comment short.

Sarita said...

Awesome. Is it any wonder that both you guys and our parents made a DI trip on Valentines?

Britten said...

Treasure hunting on V-day....now THAT is romantic! You should do it on St. Patrick's day too but act like leoprachauns...you know, pot o' gold...

I'm just always looking for a good excuse to shop too....