
After 1/2 an hour, both girls (especially Gracie) were ready to go home and eat. Fine with us! They had more fun hading out candy at the door than trick-or-treating themselves. We quickly ran out of candy so Maddie started giving away her candy. She started with the chocolate, but I put a stop to that! I taught her that she should give away the Tootsie Rolls and Jolly Ranchers first. She gave away most of her candy and didn't care! Then as it got later, we still got kids at the door but they were mostly older. Ryan came up with the bright idea to trick them, so he had Maddie offer them "homemade" microwave popcorn (3 kernels in a sandwich baggie with a smear of butter) or 2 spicy jalapeno Doritos (that is 2 chips...out of the bag). I don't know who thought it was more funny, Ryan or the girls.
5 comments:
Not very scary..it's fun to see the photos. I hate to say this but your a few holidays behind...keep posting!
My kids like handing out the candy better too. I think next year instead of killing myself on costumes I will just have a Halloween party...
...complete with me as the Fortune Teller of course.
I would have liked to see them handing out their "popcorn and chips". That's a total Ryan idea...
i"m with your mom and this one Jess, just a few holidays behind! Can't wait for March to come so I can see some photos from Christmas!
love ya Jess--
ps. if you haven't checked out my blog lately, you need to... I've been working hard!
treasureboxphotos.blogspot.com
Hi Jess-The chips and popcorn remind me that Ryan and I think alike. This Christmas I had planned on sending out nice inspirational cards. After the nice phrase I planned to write nothing but a random phrase like, "Down in Fraggle Rock" or "Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches are Great"-and that's it-no signature. My family said "What's the point?" and I said just to imagine the confused look on each person's face as they read it. No I never had the guts to follow through...yet.
Whoops-forgot to sign my name-JoLynne
Post a Comment