May 26, 2006

Mirror Mirror on the Wall...

These are actually mom's mirrors...but I painted them to sell in the consignment store for her.
Close up of the details
We call this one the "Snow White" mirror 'cause it lloks like the enchanted one that the wicked Queen had. I don't know if it really shows up in the picture, but there is a "tiffany box" blue color peeking through in the cracks and where I sanded it. Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

LuLuBelle said...

Good job Jessica! Where did you get "Tiffany Box Blue" I have some boxes I want to paint that color--not so I can pretend I've been shopping at Tiffany's, I just like the color for the boxes in my bedroom.

Jessica said...

It's an "oops" gallon I have..."tiffany box" is just what it reminds me of. Since most the paint I buy is "oops"...I have to name them myself.

Molly Sue said...

Curiosity has got the better of me. Apparently I found your cousin's blog, told her I lived in SLC and you found my comment and my blog. It's kind of like 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon, but not.

I love that you came and read my random thoughts. Keep coming.

P.S. I visited your other locals and I am curious, you are a seminary teacher?

Molly Sue

Unknown said...

i love them. how much are you selling them for? i like the blue underneath!

Jessica said...

"6 degrees of Kevin Bacon"...I love it! Your random thoughts are interesting...keep it up!

And Kim...the store marks them from around 55$ to 85$ depending on the size and mom will get 50%. Not bad since the mirrors were 5$ at salvation army and the paint was 5$ / gallon oops at home depot. Plus, I find it very theraputic and calming to paint stuff. So everyone wins.

LuLuBelle said...

Painting things is theraputic. I tell people I paint for a hobby. They probably think I'm an artist. Let them think as they will.

stace said...

always amazed by your stuff...looks awesome when it is done, but you have such a vision when you by it. most of the time i only see a piece of junk!!

Jessica said...

Thanks!

Britten said...

These are fabulous! Reminds me that I have some painting to do...