February 06, 2005

Yellow paint

Okay, I want everyone to realize how cool we are! The yellow paint in Sarah's apartment, It was 2 gallons of oops paint that had been the same color but were now slightly different. (See my comment about the blue paint for an explanation on why that is). They were originally called "Acorn Spice" and were a hideous brownish, goldish vomit color. Like really old mustard left on the counter to dry and harden for a year. So we bought them, along with a half gallon of oops off white and a full gallon of new pure white. Then we got a big bucket and dumped them all together and viola! Almost 4 gallons of a great yellow for only about $40. (considering that 1 gallon is usually about 22$). Come on, are we not smart!?

5 comments:

Jessica said...

I mean 30-35$!!! I did my math wrong!

LuLuBelle said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
LuLuBelle said...

you're so gutsy combining all those colors. What if it had turned out some really nasty color, then what? You & Sarah both have some color talent, obviously. I'm sure if I did it I'd end up with a new color that would never make the paint charts at Home Depot....something like "cat puke" or "bug guts on the windshield" yellow not the lovely color you created. That is why all my painting and major projects get done when Jessica is here. My door is always open to anyone else that wants to come and help with home improvement projects.

Britten said...

You two are very smart!

Lori---I want to come help with your home improvement projects!!! Yay!

-Britten

Rachel said...

All my home improvement projects happen when mom is HERE, so what does that say about me??