January 18, 2009

Hamster Found

Cindy Lou Who-dini has been found. Since I know everyone has been anxiously awaiting news of the runaway hamster... I was sitting at the computer, all was quiet, when I heard a strange squeaking noise. At first I thought it was one of the kids making noises. I turned just in time to see Sally casually walking through the kitchen with the Hamster hanging from her jaws. I jumped up and scared her, she dropped Cindy who quickly scampered away into the coat closet. At least she was trapped in there... But I had to be careful trying to get her. She was freaked out and trying to bite. I got her into an empty formula can and poked holes in the lid. I put in some food and water and we are waiting to see if she is still alive in the morning. I'm guessing that she could have some internal injuries from being the cat's toy for who knows how long. Gracie tried to cry and be upset about it, but it was forced and all she really wanted was an assurance that if Cindy dies, she can get a new hamster.

5 comments:

LuLuBelle said...

If she lives, she'll probably think twice about leaving her cage again!

That Sally is a good rodent finder.

LuLuBelle said...

I just watched The Holiday with Grandma Jones. I forgot that's where you got the corny quote.

Tara said...

Too funny!! Another reason why I do not have pets. Why put my children through the emotional turmoil of watching one of their beloved pets, nearly kill the other:) !
I hope you find her alive. I had to take care of a dead fish once and it was not fun! Oh, and we wouldn't want Gracie to have to "pretend" to be sad at the hamster burial!

Stephanie said...

How funny! I am glad to hear Gracie is so well adjusted and unaffected by such things!

stace said...

I am glad you went public because sadly enough, I forget about private blogs. If it doesn't come up on google reader, it gets neglected. I feel like I just totally caught up on your lives!! I need to get some DI info..I am going to be in SLC with D this weekend and want to hit some DIs to find a cool chair, photo props etc. Is there one that is better than another. I know this is your area of expertise :)!!