I like corny. I'm looking for more corny in my life.
May 21, 2007
Frog Prince?
After church we decided to go for a walk at the Kaysville Ponds (where Nina, Me and Mom ran out of gas after Kimberly's wedding). Ryan...of course...brought his fishing pole. He cast and a HUGE bullfrog shot out his tongue, thinking it was a bug and got his tongue stuck on the hook! We caught 2 big frogs that way! The girls loved them and even kissed them. No princes appeared though! We looked for some tadpoles to take home...with no luck. Then we ran into a guy and his son wearing waders with a big net. They had about 20 huge tadpoles and gave one to each of the girls. They are in different stages of development. Maddie's has it's back legs and tiny nubs where the front legs will be. Gracie's is smaller and has little wispy things starting to form legs in the back. Hopefully we can keep them alive and watch them finish their transformation! These tadpoles are HUGE! Not the the little ones we used to catch at the "ponding basin" in Clovis as kids! I will take some pictures and post them later. We are taking them to Maddie's class for show and tell tomorrow morning!
Wow, that frog is so GREEN and YELLOW he looks like a rubber version in the bin at the drugstore...but in the flesh. I'm so glad your kids are getting these great experiences.
4 comments:
Wow, that frog is so GREEN and YELLOW he looks like a rubber version in the bin at the drugstore...but in the flesh. I'm so glad your kids are getting these great experiences.
With Ryan for a dad...how could they not!! He is a great dad!
Ok, I love this post. You have the cutest little girls...and they love frogs! You are rasing fine young ladies :)
Cutest frog kissing pictures ever!
Post a Comment