My new favorite food...cold edamame! You get the big bag of them at Costco, fill a bowl, run it under warm water for about a minute, sprinkle generously with salt and you have the best snack ever! You don't eat the shell, but pop the beans out in your mouth, basically sucking on the shell part (nice and salty) and discarding it. We have two bowls, one for the uneaten edamame's and one for the sucked on shells. One side note...it's a good idea not to use the same style bowl for both. Last weekend we were at game night with a bunch of friends and my friend accidentally took an already sucked on shell from the discard bowl and sucked on it for a few seconds until she realized the beans were already out and it was slimy. We were all pretty grossed out. Now I use a white bowl for the fresh ones and a red bowl for the shells. Red = danger!! Gracie LOVES edamame now also. When I picked it up and put it in the cart at Costco, she grabbed the bag, started hugging it and chanting, "Edamame...edamame...I love edamame..." Watch out, they are addicting! But oh so yummy!


7 comments:
Ha, gross. Never heard of them. But my interest is peaked.
i truly LOVE edamame! TRULY! They are so yummy!
yes, yummy. In fact, I searched high and low at walmart last night, hoping that by some fluke they would carry them (they don't).
Can you correctly pronounce EDAMAME? I like to eat it but never talk about since I'm not sure how to say it correctly.
Ed - a -ma-may. That's the way we say it and all my neighbors. I don't know if it is correct or not, but it works for me!
Ed - a -ma-may. That's the way we say it and all my neighbors. I don't know if it is correct or not, but it works for me!
These are in the tasty McDonald's Asian salad. I'm really gunna have to try this!
Post a Comment