
It's so cool. Go see it. That's it.
I wish I had a better talent for writing what my mind is feeling...because that’s what it usually is. Instead of words in my mind...it is a collection of thoughts and impressions and feelings that when I try to put into words, it sounds so wrong...or cheesy...or something.
So, Lady In The Water: I love the idea of a bedtime story come to life among the most ordinary people who are so unordinary in such an ordinary way. I loved it. I loved all the underlying themes of everyone's life having a purpose, and being open to "awakening". I love the whole Little Mermaid thing and the purity and innocence of Story...and the fact that her name is "Story". I thought it was so well done and...It made me cry. There is so much more...just go see it and you'll see. FeyaVanya...you gotta see this!! I kept thinking of you throughout the whole thing. One of the great things about FeyaVanya...You get stuff like this. So many people around us in the theatre were saying things like, "not as good as I expected" or "that was a little too weird". Why can't more people just look past the obvious and appreciate things for what they are and see the beauty in them? Most I the reviews I saw were pretty negative (and so wrong!)I don't care how weird people think I am...I loved it!


7 comments:
yes, yes, yes!
Thank you! People can think we are weird together. Don't you think there was a ton of stuff you could take as symbolism and double meaning in this? I love the fact that the movie critic gets eaten by the monster.
Hmmmm....maybe that's why the critics all hated it...
Mitch told me I need to see this. And I still need to and your post just sealed the deal. I'm going DANG IT! Is it still in theaters?
Double meaning and symbolism huh?
That's everything I am baby!
The Critic ended up as monster muchies? That's classic. Yeah, they suck and have no idea how to enjoy a good movie.
Nice post. I love how you get me and I get you and we all get each other and that's why we're all blogging together. Ah, yes the world is not so lonely a place afterall.
Now I need to see this one too. I need more movie ideas, my netflix list is getting shorter.
I'm glad your blogging again jess!
I totally agree with you Jessica. We walked out of the movie thinking that there needs to be more movies like this. Shamalan (the director) has the hardest time getting someone to distribute this movie...can you believe it? Somebody finally "saw the light" and took it to theaters. So many movies just cop out and put violence, sex, fowl language or the regular predictable story. Any dieas for more good movies?...my husband is in the market to produce good stuff. Get your amazing brain working, Britten! Ask your friends on the Star Wars blogging thing. Oh, sorry, Jessica...I had a moment with Britten.
Breena!! Actually...Ryan started a movie / tv series script...the idea was really cool. He and Mitch would get along. Ryan is a Star Trek freak.
no way! thaat's awesome! ya, they could totally hang out. Mitch has every series of star trek (voyager, deep space nine and the next generation) on dvd. we don't watch regular tv, just star trek.
you'll have to email us ryan's script idea!
breenagrimes@gmail.com
or
mitchgrimes@gmail.com
Post a Comment