April 29, 2006

Holy Awkward Moment Batman!

The other day I was helping my neighbors wash some windows in their house. (They were frantically trying to get it ready to sell). Maybe I had a look of happiness or satisfaction uncommon when cleaning or something, because Ben comes up to me and asks,
"So do you like washing windows?"
Of course without thinking about how this was going to sound, I reply,
"Yes, in fact...It is one of my preferred chores. There is something so orderly and satisfying about it. Hey! If I was a character on Amelie, that is what they would say about me! Oh man, I should blog that."
At this, he smiled (as you would at a child) and said. "Ohhh!" It was then that I realized, he hasn't seen Amelie, he doesn't like washing windows, he doesn't blog, and he thinks I'm a freak.

Epiphany:
I like being a freak.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

for being a freak, you sound like an awesome neighbor! Wanna come on down to my house? I have plenty of dirty windows.

Unknown said...

Ben better be grateful for such a freakish neighbor as you! you ARE awesome to help them wash windows.
truly!

Jessica said...

Well, they helped us so much when we were getting our house ready...way more than washing windows, that's for sure! They are really nice neighbors. We will miss them!

Sarita said...

And funny people to boot! I'll even miss them!