Tonight we had Family Home Evening. I taught a simple lesson on faith and we read a few stories about Jesus blessing the children from the scriptures. When I read the part that says "Jesus wept..." I clarified for Maddies sake that he was crying out of joy. She said, "like tears of joy?" I explained that people sometimes are so full of emotions of happiness that it can make tears come out of their eyes. This is where it gets amazing...my 5 year old says, "like when I watch Peter Pan (the new one) and at the end my heart feels all warm and kind of snuggly. Sometimes tears start to come to my eyes because I am happy." Okay...that brought tears to my eyes. It never ceases to amaze me how much a mere 5 year old comprehends and feels!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
i have tears in my eyes : )
Definitely takes after the Jones women. Definitely. Tell Maddie that I feel all warm and snuggly and cry at that part too.
Oh, Gosh!! She cries at the end of the new Peter Pan?? So do I!!! That is like one of my favorite movies now!! That boy is so cute! And I love how they focused more on Peter and Wendy's relationship.
That is so sweet that Maddie said that!! Where do you get all your ideas for FHE?? I need more ideas....I run out of stuff all the time....
-Britten
Post a Comment